- Hire correctly and develop your staff
- Identify your uniqueness and market it
- Manage your cash and your costs
- See where the "puck is going"
- Embrace change and adapt/migrate
- Get good advice
- Continuously learn
The big stuff event is one that can challenge a company to its core so, you have to learn something in each case. To do that try to run a high-performance, low stress organization. This means managing for fewer little dramas and being flexible to manage for the bigger stuff as they occur. Adapting should be faster than we would like. There are so many opportunities to learn and if we don't take advantage of those opportunities, our businesses stagnate.